Friday, July 20, 2007

the bloody mess that we are in

Once again, best night ever..first time witness massive haemorrhage secondary to a chest drain assault..
The SPR was on top of his lung- scalpel!!!Drape!! hurry up!!!! I want to open the chest now!!!!
within minutes everything is in place..when the chest was open, the heart n lung were practically swimming in a bloody pool and soon will be over flowing!!!
We spend more than 1 hours working really hard..every one was running around..surgeons shouting...three of us squeezing bloods..3 suction machines working together..but waht ever squeezed in ended up in the suction bottle rather quickly..
At the end of the whole thing, we found ourselves standing in the middle of bloody floor..with blood stains over our uniforms n hands..and I was sweating n my hands was trembling due to all the squeezing n my heart was pumping due to all the adrenaline rush.
I loved my ever BLOODY job!!! SHIOK!!!

No comments: