Monday, October 02, 2006

Yesterday when me and my sister was walking on the street, standing at the traffic light before the broadway, suddenly, there is this friendly asian looking face came over and tap on shyuan's shoulder:

" hello, how are you? where do you come from?"

oh no....dun tell me this is what i think it is...

"hi, we are from malaysia"

" really? I am from north korea..my friend over there insist that you are from my country, haha.."

turned around, there was this friendly looking european guy smiling at us..

" ya..we looks all the same:>"

"ya, is like we look at european they all look the same to us:>"

"ya.."

*i continue to look at the traffic light and start hoping it will turn green faster..*

" By the way we are having bible study across the street, would you like to join us?"

oh...exactly what i thought it is ..

"oh, no, thank you.."

"are you interested?"

"err, is ok, we are non-christian.."

"oh, really? what is your religeon?"

secretly, i has been thinking very hard, how am i going to answer the multi million question even before she ask that..have to be a good one..

"we are muslim.."

"really? ya, i heard malaysia is a muslim country. but not all of you are muslim.."

"ya, but we are.."

her friend started to show interest..

" so, do you believe in GOD?"

" ya, i believe in my GOD:>"

traffic light turn green..hooray, lets cross the road..

" may be you wanna read this, it will tell you all about god, and help you to understand more about god.."

"ok, thank you.."

just wondring, which part of "we are muslim " that they dont understand?

Dont get me wrong, i got lots of christian and muslim friends, and they are all beautiful people..
I even attended church services and bible study when i was in singapore..Is just that I get put off when people approach me on the street and try to stuff things down my throat, even they know that you are not interested...
But again, aunty janet has been asking me to join the bible study group in london that she found on the web site ..maybe is just me, still haven got the massage..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god im not d one being approached...kene tampar kang!! heehee

Anonymous said...

One of these days you are gonna go to church with me right? :P